This week I divided my 92,000 word manuscript up into two manuscripts of 48,000 and 45,000 words. This left me with ten chapters in each book and so I went through and added new chapter breaks giving each book twenty chapters. This took several days as a chapter break has to come at just the right moment in a story and the perfect spot can be difficult to find, especially if you haven’t actually read that manuscript in over three years. Then I started going through my “cuts” file and looking through the 20,000 words of material that I have cut from my story at one time or another to discover if there was anything good there I could add…if I could remember what part of the story the cut came out of that is. There were a few, not as many as I had hoped, but I did manage to add about 2,000 words this week.
I promise you a crazed animal, a concussion, and a kiss in every single book...you're welcome!