This week I put together a proposal to send out. This includes: a cover letter, proposal cover letter, author bio, market analysis, comparable titles page, 3 pg. synopsis, history of the manuscript, 3 chapter sample of my writing, and I also included my bibliography, character names page, glossary of Assyrian words, and book club questions. Quite a lengthy document and although I had already written most of the documents in it, just putting it together to send took quite a long time. After that I divided my story up into two word documents and began the process and turning one novel into two. The first half is 48,000 words and the second half is 45,000 words. I need both of them to be over 50,000 words at least. I’m hoping for about 60,000 words apiece. I’ve written up a plan for lengthening the books and will be implementing that plan over the summer. Hopefully it won’t take that long. I did manage to get the first book which I’ve dubbed “Daughter of the Decoy King” since I’m saving my original title for the second book, divided up into 20 chapters instead of 10. This will actually help out the story considerably, especially my first chapter which had clear divisions for three chapters in it, despite my attempts to cut words and mold the thing to fit into one book. I think it will be a much faster read with shorter chapters, and hopefully I will be able to make the story everything I’ve wanted it to be, now that I have more space to work with.
I promise you a crazed animal, a concussion, and a kiss in every single book...you're welcome!