This week sweet boy #3 was overcome with the desire to eat dangerous objects. I’ll give you two examples.
We went to the river. The hunky hubby dove into the frigid depths frolicking like an otter, leaving me to wrangle the three cyclones. They did pretty good. Played in the sand, waded in the water, found a bat, but then I noticed that sweet boy #3 was rolling something around in his mouth looking pleased with himself. I held out my hand and commanded “Pleht” and he obediently spit a small, sharp, piece of glass into my waiting palm. AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
Later in the week we went to a craft store to purchase baby books for my two younger boys. Yes yes I know that all three of them should be finished and glowing in their majesty on our album shelf. Well their not! So shoot me.
At the craft store the boys fell in love with these little sacks of water marbles and the hunky hubby was with them so…we came home with three little sacks of water marbles. They look like microscopic seeds of various colors and when you put them into water they grow, alot, and become squishy marbles of various colors. I put about 1/2 and inch in the bottom of a glass pitcher and I got an overflowing pitcher full, two glasses, and a quart jar when they finally stopped increasing.
Well some of the little seed marbles spilled. As I was scrambling with the whisk broom and dustpan sweet boy #3 was madly stuffing water marbles into his maw. I had him locked out with a baby gate but not before he downed several marbles. I called poison control, apparently my boy was the first to do this so they had to make a new record and ask about the packaging and stuff. Not toxic, but they grow. Luckily we got through the whole thing with just a small tummy ache and a large helping of parental stress! So if you see me crawling on the floor or sand madly sweeping or hunting for microscopic terrors within the carpet, now you understand.