This week I continued to work on my tension tune-up/paragraph polish revision. I make sure that every page has tension within and look at each paragraph of that page checking for coherence; a beginning, middle, end structure; and just ensure that my word choices are exactly what I had wanted. I made it to page 132. My goal is to revise 10 chapters a week and be finished before my beta readers return my manuscripts. Oh, and I had the startling realization that halfway through my manuscript I accidentally changed the name of my villain to the name of my grandfather’s best friend. I didn’t even realize that I knew his last name until I saw a letter from him on Grammy’s table and was horrified to think that I had accidentally vilified him. He is a nice Grandpa man in a nursing home, but somehow his name popped into my head and I typed it. So I changed it back and all is well once more.
I promise you a crazed animal, a concussion, and a kiss in every single book...you're welcome!