So . . . all of those changes I sent to my publisher after going through my Galley . . . . There was some kind of terrible glitch on the publisher website and it erased all of my changes! I only saved about 1/3 of them in a separate document and so it looks like I will be going over my Galley for Athens Ambuscade a second time. Argh! But I have learned a valuable lesson, always save your work in some other place besides a website.
I got chapters 5-8 of last year’s NaNoWriMo project back from Jenn, my critique partner. She always has tons of suggestions and so I jumped into those chapters making changes and trying to decide which suggestions would improve my story and which ones were not right for me. The piece has improved a lot, but I think I’ll need to embark upon revision #10 wherein I go through the whole manuscript again to sync the rest of my story with the changes I’ve made in chapters 5-8. But that is the point of this, I suppose, to improve and grow and write the best possible story I can. I’m so blessed that Jenn and I have one another to push each other forward and point out the strengths and weaknesses in our writing.